The World Level in Genshin Impact determines how formidable the enemies are during the game. Players may lower their current world level once they reach World Level 5, reducing their World Level by 1. This adjustment enables travelers to re-play the previous level and defeat enemies more efficiently, as they will be respawning to a lower level. Here’s how you can change the world level in Genshin Impact.
World Level adjustment
Being able to defeat enemies easily may be rewarding for some players as it helps them to level up faster without breaking a sweat. However, adjusting your World Level in Genshin Impact will have corresponding pros and cons. Here they are:
- Weaker enemies
- Easier boss fights
- Beneficial during events
- Lesser rewards
- Lowers the level of Ley Line Blossoms and enemies in the open world
- Longer time to farm
- 24-hour cooldown to reverse level
How to lower your world level in Genshin Impact
Now that you have an idea of what World Level is and the pros and cons of lowering it, here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do it.
- Launch the Genshin Impact application on your device.
- Tap the Paimon Menu at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Tap the i icon next to the words ‘World Level’ under your profile details.
- Select “Lower World Level” to return you to your previous level.
- Once 24 hours have passed and you’re done playing with the lower World Level; you can select the “Revert World Level” button to switch to your current level.
How to increase your World Level in Genshin Impact
On the same page as lowering your World Level, you will also see your current Adventure Rank. You must increase your AR before increasing your World Level in Genshin Impact. Here’s the corresponding increased level requirement per Adventure Rank:
- AR1 = World Level 0
- AR20 = World Level 1
- AR25 = World Level 2 (you must clear Ascension Quest 1)
- AR30 = World Level 3
- AR35 = World Level 4 (you must clear Ascension Quest 2)
- AR40 = World Level 5
- AR45 = World Level 6 (you must clear Ascension Quest 3)
- AR50 = World Level 7 (you must clear Ascension Quest 4)
- AR55 = World Level 8
We hope you learned something about adjusting your World Level in Genshin Impact. What World Level are you in now? Let us know in the comments section below. Happy gaming!
Don’t forget to top up Genesis Crystals for Genshin Impact only at Codashop. It’s easier and faster, with plenty of safe and convenient payment methods available.