The last VALORANT patch of 2022 is the 5.12 update. It’s not an overstatement that this update is introducing huge changes not only to bug fixes but also to ALL Agents, except Reyna and Jett, in the game. A notable highlight of this patch is the new game mode, Swiftplay, which we will explain later. Let’s jump into the major changes to VALORANT in Patch 5.12.
This one is a lot, given that only two Agents, Reyna and Jett, are not updated since their respective patches: 5.07 for Reyna and 4.08 for Jett. We also have to take note that a few patches ago, in 5.10, we saw changes to Cypher (buff), Harbor (buff), and Fade (nerf). Here is the comprehensive list of changes made to the Agents.
- Rolling Thunder (X) increased cost from 7 to 8 .
- Headhunter (Q) is now less stable after the 2nd shot when spamming. This makes body shots a less viable option for Chamber.
- Rendezvous (E) is now a single anchor with an increased radius (from 7.5m to 13m). Chamber can teleport even at an elevated angle as long as he’s within the range of the anchor.
- Weapon equip time after using Rendezvous increased from 0.4s to 0.7s. Headhunter is not affected.
- Destroying the Rendezvous anchor will not make it enter into a cooldown.
- Rendezvous anchor health decreased from 80 to 50
- Trademark (C) is only active if Chamber is within its range.
- Trademark can be recalled even when Chamber is not in its line of sight and has a 30-second cooldown upon recall.
- Initial arm time increased from 2s to 4s
- Health increased from 1 to 20
- Tour de Force (X) now has an increased fire rate by 57.5%
- Slows applied to Tour de Force and Trademark decreased from 6s to 4s
- Tripwire (C) health increased from 1 to 20
- Prowler (C) health decreased from 100 to 60
- High Tide (E) has increased duration from 12s to 15s
- Cascade (C) also increased duration from 5s to 7s
- ZERO/POINT (E) health increased from 1 to 20
- NULL/cmd (X) cost increase from 7 to 8
- Lockdown (X) health increased from 150 to 200
- Nanoswarm (C) health increased from 1 to 20
- Paranoia (Q) cost decreased from 300 to 250
- Blaze (C) cost decreased from 200 to 150
- Boom Bot (C) health decreased from 100 to 60
- Blast Pack (Q) health increased from 1 to 20
- Barrier Orb (C) fortify delay increased from 3s to 3.3s
- Healing Orb (E) heals only up to 30 HP (from 60 HP) for self, and a full 100 HP (from 60 HP) to allies. This is to make Sage a true support Agent.
- Recon Bolt (E) health increased from 1 to 20
- Trailblazer (Q) cost increased from 250 to 300
- Regrowth (C) cost decreased from 200 to 150
- Viper’s Pit (X) cost increased from 7 to 8, smoke integrity regen time increased from 5s to 25s, max time out of smoke decreased from 15s to 8s.
- Gatecrash (E) health decreased from 100 to 60, and cost decreased from 200 to 150.
Gameplay Systems Updates
This part is mostly about how weapons interact with Agent utilities and damage multipliers to non-players.
- Assist Tail Tuning, or the period where the Agent’s ability can still award an assist after the debuff is applied is increased.
- Concuss, Nearsight, Detained: from 2s to 3s
- Exiting Smokes: from 1s to 2s
- Slow: from 1s to 2s
- Suppressed: additional 3s to assist tail
- Damage Interaction: Agent abilities now damages enemy utilities.
- Brimstone Incendiary, Phoenix Hot Hands, Phoenix Blaze, Killjoy Nanoswarm, Viper Snake Bite damages:
- Killjoy Lockdown, Nanoswarm, Alarmbot
- Cypher Trapwire
- Raze Blast Pack
- Sova Recon Bolt
- Reyna Leer
- Sage Barrier Orb
- KAY/O ZERO/POINT
- Chamber Trademark, Rendezvous
- Fade Prowler
- Yoru Fakeout (Phoenix Blaze only)
- Skye Seekers (Viper Snake Bite only)
- Brimstone Orbital Strike damages Chamber Rendezvous
- KAY/O ZERO/POINT now has a voiceover indicating the number of enemies suppressed.
- KAY/O FRAG/MENT damages Fade Prowler
- Raze Blast Pack, and Paint Shells now damage Fade Prowler
- Sova Shock Bolt damages Fade Prowler
- Sova Hunter’s Fury damages:
- Raze Satchel
- Reyna Leer
- Fade Prowler
- Chamber Rendezvous
- Damage Multiplier Update: Damage to non-players decreased by 50% of base damage.
- Breach Aftershock, KAY/O FRAG/MENT now deals 100% damage to non-players.
- Brimstone Incendiary, Phoenix Hot Hands, Killjoy Nanoswarm, Viper Snake Bite deals 50% damage to non-players.
- Raze Blast Pack, Paint Shells, Boom Bot deals 250% damage to non-players.
- Allied Ability Damage Immunity
- Boom Bot
- Owl Drone
- Recon Bolt
- Weapons Updates
Spectre has an additional damage range from 2 to 3. The revised damage range is as follows:
0 – 15m: 26 damage
15 – 30m: 22 damage
30+m: 20 damage
New Game Mode: Swiftplay
As of the 5.12 update, a new game mode for VALORANT is introduced: Swiftplay. This is a first-to-five rounds match with similar rules as Unrated but with a streamlined economy. Teams start out with 800 Credits per player and go up to 2600 the next round (not counting the bonus Credits per kill and/or when the Spike is engaged), then 4250 Credits. This is to ensure that every round is somewhat equal for both teams. When a team loses the pistol round, they can opt to buy SMGs and full shields the next round, for example.
Other mechanics of the mode are weapon and ability carryover (similar to Unrated), kill (200 Credits) and Spike Plant (300 Credits) bonuses, a single Spike carrier, two ultimate points granted at the start of each half, and Sudden Death overtime.
Swiftplay is currently in beta mode.
- Fixed an issue where Phoenix would not be decayed after his Run It Back expires while decayed by Viper’s utilities.
- Fixed an issue where Cypher can not place his Trapwire on the glass panel near Yellow box (B Yellow) in Icebox
- Fixed a bug where enemy Spycam or Turret can trigger Trapwires
- Fixed a bug where Chamber’s Rendezvous anchor could not be damaged with a knife
- Fixed a bug where Raze Boombot would explode on contact with Yoru’s Gatecrash beacon.
Don’t forget to top up your VALORANT Points at Codashop. We have a fast and convenient way to purchase VALORANT Points. Just provide your Riot ID, the amount of VALORANT Points you want to buy, and the method of payment you prefer. It’s simple, fast, and effortless.