As a former Noxian executioner, Urgot always believed that the strong should rule. He served emperors and solidified this ideal with every kill until he was deemed unnecessary and locked behind the hellish prison mines of the Dredge. There, he learned the true meaning of strength and power, and now, he roams purifying the world through pain.
Urgot the Dreadnought: Abilities and Playstyle
Urgot is a fighter Champion who likes to dish out heavy artillery on the front lines. His low cooldowns allow for an almost endless barrage of bullets, and his crowd-control skills ensure that there is no escape.
Passive: Echoing Flames
Urgot’s Basic Attacks and Purge trigger flame blasts from his leg cannons. Each leg has a separate cooldown which maxes out at 3 seconds at level 15.
To maximize this Passive, you’d want to circle your opponents so you can proc leg cannon blasts continuously.
First Ability: Corrosive Charge
Urgot fires an explosive in the target direction, dealing Physical Damage and slowing enemies caught in the AOE.
This skill’s damage and effect may look underwhelming at first glance, but when used in combination with his other skills, it comes in pretty handy. Urgot’s second skill, Purge, prioritizes enemies previously hit by him. This means you can “mark” enemies with Corrosive Charge before entering the fight. You can also use this ability to poke ranged Champions in the early game.
Second Ability: Purge
Urgot slows himself down while he unloads his weapon on nearby enemies. This covers the same six directions as Echoing Flames, and it is where most of your damage will come from. Max this ability as early as possible.
Third Ability: Disdain
Disdain is Urgot’s first crowd-control ability. Use it to charge towards an enemy Champion and toss them behind you. This is an excellent starter as it not only stuns and damages your opponents but also gives you a shield that absorbs damage.
Ultimate: Fear Beyond Death
Urgot fires a chem-drill that impales the first enemy Champion hit. He pulls and executes the Champion if they fall below a certain health threshold. After an execution, Urgot releases a blast that inflicts a Fear state on nearby enemies.
How to play Urgot
Urgot is expected to deal and tank a high amount of damage as a fighter. Use Purge and Echoing Flames to your advantage by placing yourself in the middle of the battle. And remember, your Basic Attacks and abilities are all ranged, so don’t be afraid to body melee Champions in Baron Lane.
- Own Baron Lane by poking your opponents with Corrosive Charge and taking map control with your leg cannon blasts. This way, you can space out melee Champions and limit their gold farming.
- Circle around targets to maximize your leg cannon blasts.
- Target the enemy teams’ strongest damage dealers with Disdain to shorten their DPS window.
- If used properly, Urgot’s Ultimate scatters opponents with its Fear blast. Focus on their secondary damage dealers or crowd controllers next so you can continue Urgot’s reign of terror.
Pros and Cons
- Pushes lanes and clears waves quickly
- High team fight damage
- Ultimate can guarantee kills
- Dominates Baron Lane with his long-ranged attacks
- Predictable movement makes him an easy target for skill shots
- Purge’s movement speed decrease can be detrimental if not timed well
- Quite squishy without his defensive items
With the right items, runes, and spells, Urgot can be a juggernaut. Focus on building up his damage and tankiness with items like Black Cleaver and Death’s Dance. Equipping the Scorch and Bone Plating Runes also helps.
- Black Cleaver: +40 Attack Damage, +20 Ability Haste, +350 Health, reduces enemy armor by up to 25%.
- Death’s Dance: +35 Attack Damage, +15 Ability Haste, +40 Armor
- Gargoyle Enchant: Grants a shield that absorbs 20% of your maximum health
- Guardian Angel: +40 Attack Damage, +40 Armor, resurrects with 50% of base health
- Spirit Visage: +10 Ability Haste, +350 Health, +100% Base Health Regeneration, +50 Magic Resistance
- Thornmail: +200 Health, +75 Armor
- Kraken Slayer: Deals bonus True Damage
- Scorch: Deals bonus Magic Damage
- Bone Plating: When hit, the next three attacks against you deal less damage
- Demolish: Deals additional damage to Turrets
- Flash: Teleports a short distance toward the target direction
- Ignite: Ignites enemy Champion, dealing damage over 5 seconds
Due to his massive AOE damage, tankiness, and scalability, Urgot the Dreadnought is an unstoppable force at any point in the game. If you’re looking for a new Champion that’s easy to learn and fun to play, I highly recommend trying Urgot.