With Minecraft, the possibilities are endless. You can build massive castles, detailed houses, vast mountains, and more. And with the power of Paper, you can add even more detail to your creations. You can make six banners with Paper; one is exclusive to the Bedrock edition and one to the Java edition. You can make books, cartography tables, locator maps, and firework rockets out of it. Don’t worry; making a paper in Minecraft is super easy and only requires a few materials.
Now all you need to do is follow these steps, and you’ll have Paper in no time!
To make paper, you will need:
- Crafting Table
- Sugar Cane
Steps on how to make paper in Minecraft
Making Paper in Minecraft is a breeze. You can easily make it yourself if you already have the Crafting and Sugar Cane.
- Open the Crafting Menu.
- For Windows 10, Education, and Java Edition (PC/Mac). Just hit the E key.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), tap the Hotbar’s triple dotted button on the right.
- For Nintendo Switch, just hit the Y button.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, just hit the X button.
- For PS3 and PS4, just hit the Square button.
- For Wii U, just hit the Y button.
2. Place 4 wood planks on the 2×2 grid on the Crafting Menu to make a Crafting Table.
3. Put your Crafting Table on the ground and open the 3X3 crafting grid. You can use any kind of Wood planks, such as acacia, birch, crimson, dark oak, jungle, oak, or even warped planks.
4. Put your acquired 3 Sugar Cane in a horizontal line in any row to make 3 paper. You can collect sugar cane along rivers, oceans, desert waters, and almost any biome.
5. Drag the paper icon from the results box and put it in your inventory.
And that’s it! You’ve now made Paper in Minecraft.
Tips: You can also find Paper inside treasure chests in shipwrecks and enemy strongholds.
What can you build with paper in Minecraft:
Paper can be used for various things in Minecraft, from creating incredible works of art to adding extra detail to your builds. If you’re looking for inspiration, learn more about some of the fantastic things people have built with Paper in Minecraft. You might be surprised at what you can create.
Many players boosted their Elytra with Firework Rockets. Elytra can only glide for a short distance, but with Firework Rockets, you can take off from the ground, gain speed and fly a long distance.
If you’ve recently acquired a stack of Paper, you may wonder what to do with it. Luckily, there are many ways to put that Paper to good use!
Here are some ideas:
- You can make a map by placing a compass in the middle of the crafting table and 8 papers in the remaining boxes to make an empty locator map.
- You can also use your Paper to craft a banner and cartography table to customize your map.
- You can make epic Firework Rockets by combining your Paper with gunpowder.
- You can also trade your papers for emeralds which can be traded for rare items.
- You can craft enchanted books by placing 2 papers in the first and second boxes of the top row of your crafting table, 1 paper in the middle of the second row, and 1 piece of leather in the middle of the bottom row.