At this point, Genshin Impact fans are thrilled that Yae Miko, Head Priestess of the Grand Narukami Shrine, is finally playable in the game. The pink-haired Electro catalyst user from Inazuma is a powerful DPS character with great Burst damage. However, you’ll need to pair her with allies who can increase energy recharge to bring out her full potential. In this guide, learn more about her talents, best build, weapons, and best characters to use Yae Miko with.
This 5-Star Electro character debuted in the recent Genshin Impact 2.5 update as part of the Everbloom Violet event wish, including Thoma, Fischl, and Diona. As Raiden Shogun’s closest friend, the “Astute Amusement” is featured in the Inazuma Archon quest. Yae Miko is beautiful, charismatic, and quite mischievous. But, despite these characteristics, Yae Miko is full of wisdom and not to be belittled.
”Astute Amusement” Yae Miko. Image credit: Mihoyo / Genshin Impact
As a strong Electro DPS character, Yae Miko’s skill set allows her to damage her opponents significantly. However, this Guuji needs a good energy recharge – like a battery, to help generate power for her burst capabilities.
Normal Attack: Spiritfox Sin-Eater
- Normal Attack: Summons forth kitsune spirits, initiating a maximum of 3 attacks that deal Electro DMG.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to deal Electro DMG after a short casting time.
- Plunging Attack: Yae Miko plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path with thunderous might. Deals AoE Electro DMG upon impact with the ground.
Elemental Skill: Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura
To Yae, such dull tasks as can be accomplished by driving spirits out need not be done personally. Moves swiftly, leaving a Sesshou Sakura behind.
Sesshou Sakura has the following properties:
- Periodically strikes one nearby opponent with lightning, dealing Electro DMG.
- When there are other Sesshou Sakura nearby, their level will increase, boosting the DMG dealt by these lightning strikes.
In addition, the skill has three charges. A maximum of 3 Sesshou Sakura can exist simultaneously. The initial level of each Sesshou Sakura is 1, and the initial highest level each sakura can reach is 3. If a new Sesshou Sakura is created too close to an existing one, the existing one will be destroyed.
Elemental Burst: Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin
Legends of “kitsunetsuki,” or the manifestations of a kitsune’s might, are common in Inazuma’s folktales. One that particularly captures the imagination is that of the Sky Kitsune, said to cause lightning to fall down upon the foes of the Grand Narukami Shrine. Summons a lightning strike, dealing AoE Electro DMG.
When she uses this skill, Yae Miko will unseal nearby Sesshou Sakura, destroying their outer forms and transforming them into Tenko Thunderbolts that descend from the skies, dealing AoE Electro DMG. Each Sesshou Sakura destroyed in this way will create one Tenko Thunderbolt.
- The Shrine’s Sacred Shade: When casting Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin, each Sesshou Sakura destroyed resets the cooldown for 1 charge of Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura.
- Enlightened Blessing: Every point of Elemental Mastery Yae Miko possesses will increase Sesshou Sakura DMG by 0.15%.
- Meditations of a Yako: Character Talent Material (base material excluded) when crafting. The rarity is that of the base material.
Best Weapons for Yae Miko
As a catalyst user, Yae Miko can leverage the following weapons to enhance Critical Damage and Attack.
Kagura’s Verity (CRIT DMG): This is considered the best 5-Star weapon for Yae Miko. Gains the Kagura Dance effect when using an Elemental Skill, causing the Elemental Skill DMG of the character wielding this weapon to increase by 12% for 16s. Max 3 stacks. This character will gain 12% All Elemental DMG Bonus when they possess 3 stacks.
Skyward Atlas (ATK): Another 5-Star tier, this atlas of wind is the second-best weapon for Yae Miko. It increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12%. Normal attack hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds, which actively seek out nearby enemies to attack for 15s. Dealing 160% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30s.
The Widsith (CRIT DMG): This magical notebook and 4-Star weapon is a good substitute if you haven’t obtained the first two above. When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 60%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240.
Yae Miko Role
You can play Yae Miko as your party’s main Sub-DPS. This role anchors her ability to support her allies with her off-field damage skills. Try running Yae Miko alongside her best pal Raiden Shogun and see for yourself how these two will dominate the battlefield.
Yae Miko Best Build
Should you play Yae Miko as your main Sub-DPS, you can go for Kagura’s Verity as her primary weapon. For the Artifact Set, get the 2-piece Thundering Fury to get +15% of Electro DMG Bonus. Gladiator’s Finale (2x) also works nicely by providing ATK +18%.
Best characters to use Wae Miko with
- Raiden Shogun. If you closely follow the story, the bond between these two characters runs deep, making way for a powerhouse pairing. Raiden Shogun’s unrivaled energy recharge abilities complement Yae Miko’s expensive burst cost.
- Fischl. If you don’t have Raiden in your party, Fischl is your next great bet to serve as ‘battery’ so Yae Miko can take advantage of her powerful burst every time.
- Bennet. You will see the value of Bennet if you partner him with a squishy character like Yae Miko. He can provide buff (for attack boost) and healing (if you play her as DPS) that can work well with her turrets.
- Kazuha or Sucrose. These Anemo characters are a good pairing for Yae Miko as their buffs (like Elemental DMG bonus and Elemental mastery) can easily benefit her.
And that’s it for this quick Yae Miko guide. We hope you learned more about this new 5-Star Electro character. Don’t forget to top up Genesis Crystals for Genshin Impact on Codashop. It’s faster and easier, with plenty of convenient payment methods available.