Skill information, build, and how to unlock this wandering samurai
The Genshin Impact Kazuha Banner has finally arrived and Travelers can now wish to earn a shot at this 5-star Anemo swordsman. Kaedehara ‘Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves’ Kazuha is a wandering samurai from Inazuma and is also a member of Liyue’s Crux Fleet. He is a modest type of guy who loves penning haikus and has a deep connection with nature and the wind. But when danger lurks by, his bladework skills are merciless.
How to unlock Kazuha
You can unlock the event-exclusive 5-star Kazuha by participating in the character event wish Leaves in the Wind. It also includes increased drop rates for 4-star characters Rosario, Bennet, and Razor. The event runs until the 21st of July. Note that Kazuha will not be available in the standard wish Wonderlust Invocation.
Kazuha is available via the Leaves in the Wind event wish.
Kazuha’s swordsmanship makes him a great option on offense with his Elemental Burst that expands into a vast AOE, dealing continuous damage to nearby enemies.
Normal Attack: Garyuu Bladework
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact. If this Plunging Attack is triggered by Chihayaburu, it will be converted to Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan.
Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan: When a Plunging Attack is performed using the effects of the Elemental Skill Chihayaburu, Plunging Attack DMG is converted to Anemo DMG and will create a small wind tunnel via a secret blade technique that pulls in nearby objects and opponents.
Elemental Skill: Chihayaburu
Unleashes a secret technique as fierce as the rushing wind that pulls objects and opponents towards Kazuha’s current position before launching opponents within the AoE, dealing Anemo DMG and lifting Kazuha into the air on a rushing gust of wind.
- Tap: Can be used in mid-air.
- Hold: Charges up before unleashing greater Anemo DMG over a larger AoE than Press Mode.
- Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan: Within 10s of remaining airborne after casting Chihayaburu, Kazuha can unleash a powerful Plunging Attack known as Midare Ranzan. When a Plunging Attack is performed using the effects of the Elemental Skill Chihayaburu, Plunging Attack DMG is converted to Anemo DMG. On landing, Kazuha creates a small wind tunnel via a secret blade technique that pulls in nearby objects and opponents. Midare Ranzan’s DMG is considered Plunging Attack DMG.
Kazuha’s elemental skill unleashes a secret technique as fierce as the rushing wind.
Elemental Burst: Kazuha Slash
The signature technique of Kazuha’s self-styled bladework — a single slash that strikes with the force of the first winds of autumn, dealing AoE Anemo DMG. The blade’s passage will leave behind a field named “Autumn Whirlwind” that periodically deals AoE Anemo DMG to opponents within its range.
Elemental Absorption: If Autumn Whirlwind comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro, it will deal additional elemental DMG of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
- Soumon Swordsmanship: If Chihayaburu comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro when cast, Chihayaburu will absorb that element and if Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan is used before the effect expires, it will deal an additional 200% ATK of the absorbed elemental type as DMG. This will be considered Plunging Attack DMG. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use of Chihayaburu.
- Poetics of Fuubutsu: Upon triggering a Swirl reaction, Kaedehara Kazuha will grant teammates a 0.04% Elemental DMG Bonus to their corresponding Element for every point of Elemental Mastery he has for 8s. Bonuses for different elements obtained through this method can co-exist.
- Cloud Strider: Decreases sprinting Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
Kazuha’s role in the Party
Given the correct build, Kazuha has good potential to play a sub-DPS role in the party. He comes with excellent elemental skills ideal for both AOE fights and shield breaking. During enemy encounters, Kazuha will most likely trigger numerous elemental reactions with his abilities. You can also build him as a main DPS given his tremendous Burst capability and swift attacks.
Kazuha’s Constellation scales up his skills including Elemental Mastery, energy regeneration, and his Kazuha Slash.
Kazuha Constellation setup
- Scarlet Hills: Decreases Chihayaburu’s CD by 10%. Using Kazuha Slash resets the CD of Chihayaburu.
- Yamaarashi Tailwind: The Autumn Whirlwind field created by Kazuha Slash has the following effects:
*Increases Kaedehara Kazuha’s own Elemental Mastery by 200.
*Increases the Elemental Mastery of characters within the field by 200.The Elemental Mastery-increasing effects of this Constellation do not stack.
- Maple Monogatari: Increases the Level of Chihayaburu by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Oozora Genpou: When Kaedehara Kazuha’s Energy is lower than 45, he obtains the following effects:
*Pressing or Holding Chihayaburu regenerates 3 or 4 Energy for Kaedehara Kazuha, respectively.
*When gliding, Kaedehara Kazuha regenerates 2 Energy per second.
- Wisdom of Bansei: Increases the Level of Kazuha Slash by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Crimson Momiji: After using Chihayaburu or Kazuha Slash, Kaedehara Kazuha gains an Anemo Infusion for 5s. Additionally, each point of Elemental Mastery will increase the DMG dealt by Kaedehara Kazuha’s Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack by 0.2%.
Kazuha recommended build
Should you play Kazuha as an Anemo sub-DPS role, go with the Freedom-Sworn as his weapon. This 5-star weapon increases damage by 10% with its passive ability. The wielder also triggers an Elemental Reaction which generates Sigil of Rebellion. When you reach 2, all allies will have a 16% increase in normal attack and 20% for overall attack.
For the Artifact Set, go for the Viridescent Venerer (x4). The set grants 15% Anemo Damage Bonus and increases swirl damage by up to 60%. It also decreases the enemy’s Elemental Resonance when an element is infused in the Swirl.
The Freedom-Sworn is currently featured in the Weapon Event Wish banner.
Don’t forget to top up Genesis Crystals for Genshin Impact on Codashop. It’s faster and easier, with plenty of convenient payment methods to choose from.