Dear Codashoppers, we can’t stress enough how important it is to protect yourself against phishing or scam. As a company handling millions of transactions everyday, we receive a distressing amount of reports on scammers.
Why did I get scammed?
Scammers usually begin with email, SMS or instant message that looks like it’s from Codashop that include a link that directs you to a fake website if you click on it. Codashop would never ask for your personal information such as mobile number, activation code, one-time password (OTP), bank password or e-wallet pin over email or SMS. Once your details are exposed, these scammers can make unauthorised charges to your credit cards, contact numbers or e-wallets.
Common Fraud or Scams
One of the most common reports that we received is phishing sites that offer prizes by entering phone number in the name of a Telco. It’s important that you identify potential phishing attempts to avoid financial loss. If you believe your payment details have been compromised, please contact your bank, telco company or Codashop immediately to block your number.
Here are some useful tips from our Telco and e-wallet partners in Malaysia:
- Digi – Compilation of scam issues
- Celcom – Be vigilant and always be extra cautious of scammers
- Maxis – Important notice: Data privacy
- U Mobile – Data security is important to us
- GrabPay – Protect yourself from fraud
Here are Codashop Malaysia official platforms:
- Website: https://www.codashop.com/my/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/codashop.my
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/codashop_my/
- Blog: http://news.codashop.com/my/
We DO NOT HAVE an application or APK. For further information or to report a scammer, please contact our customer support by following the instructions here.
Stay vigilant and happy gaming!