Call Of Duty: Mobile offers a variety of game modes for different types of players: team players can opt for the 5v5 and 10v10 team deathmatch modes, while those who seek to be the last man standing can check out the game’s very own Battle Royale game mode. The game also has a recurring Zombie game mode, and if you’re on the more competitive side, you can test out your skills in the Ranked game modes.
Some long-time FPS players, however, will look for the unique thrill of playing 1v1 game modes. While there is no competitive game mode for this yet, there is a way to play 1v1 matches with friends. Whether you’re trying out new strategies or just looking to settle the score with someone, here’s how to set up a 1v1 game lobby.
How to set up a 1v1 match
CODM briefly had an experimental duel game mode in 2020, but unfortunately, it did not graduate into a permanent game mode. Luckily, the game still lets you create private lobbies to host with friends. One of the game modes you can play in private lobbies is the 1v1 duel:
- Tap “Multiplayer” on the main menu.
- Tap the triple bar icon at the upper right corner of the screen and select “private” on the dropdown menu.
- Tap the game mode selector above the “start” button and choose “1v1 duel”.
- Invite a friend and tweak the match settings on the right side of the screen.
- Tap start and battle it out!
Tips to win more 1v1s
Unlike in team game modes where we can rely on our teammates for info and map control, a well-rounded loadout and increased map awareness are much more important in a 1v1 match. Employing different strategies to outsmart your opponent also helps, so if you’re hopping into your first 1v1 match, here are some tips to help you:
- Customize your loadout – since you don’t have teammates to cover you, you need to bring perks to help you move more freely. Activate Lightweight, Toughness, and Dead Silence so you can move faster and more quietly and have a more stable aim when needed. Make one loadout with an assault rifle and another with a sniper so you can switch between rounds. Equipping attachments that increase your ADS speed can also go a long way.
- Keep moving – beefing up your firepower won’t magically increase your KDA either because chances are your opponent will bring out the big guns, too. To counter this, you need to maximize your chances of survival by utilizing all the movement options available in the game. Practicing sliding, crouching, strafing, and jiggle peeking gives you fluid movement and makes you a more challenging target to track.
- Mix up your strategies – switching guns and play styles mid-fight makes you a tougher opponent to go against. Changing the pace and playing passively after a few intense rounds can throw your opponent off. Just ensure you’re ready to strike when they’re the most vulnerable!
While team-based game modes are the more favoured mode for most CODM players, challenging your skills through one-on-one showdowns is something every player should try. Not only does this game mode make for a good personal challenge, but it can also be an opportunity for self-analysis and re-evaluating your approach to gun fights.
Once you’re ready to take on your first 1v1 match, remember to gear up with Codashop by topping up your COD Points! Codashop offers fast, safe, and convenient top-up options so you can get back to dominating your