HoYoverse is bringing a tidal wave of fresh content with the introduction of Fontaine in Genshin Impact 4.0. This new patch is a treasure trove of exciting new content filled with new characters, domains, artifacts, and riveting quests, so read on as we go on a short run-through of everything new in Version 4.0!
New area: Fontaine
The marquee attraction of this update is the introduction of Fontaine–an alluring new region ripe for exploration. Dive into the depths with Fontaine’s Blessing, a unique mechanic that grants you the power of the Transoceanic Sourcewater, allowing you to explore underwater realms like never before.
And that’s not all – the Fountain of Lucine, a regional progression system similar to Sumeru’s Tree of Dreams and Inazuma’s Sacred Sacura, will also be available starting at 4.0. Upgrading this fountain with Hydro Sigils rewards you with valuable resources, including resin, level-up materials, weapon materials, and Mora.
New characters and banners
Version 4.0 brings forth new characters to your roster, headlined by the dynamic twins, Lyney and Lynette. Lyney, a Pyro Bow user, joins the Traveller’s team as a Main DPS. Meanwhile, Lynette, a skilled 4-star Anemo swordswoman, delivers her own brand of damage. Not to be forgotten, Yelan makes a triumphant return with her rerun banner. Experience their stories and abilities firsthand through Character Wishes featuring other 4-star units like Bennett and Barbara.
- Mega Meka Melee – participate in the mini-games Dance Dance Resolution, Torrential Turbulent Charge, and Efficacy Testing Simulation Arena to earn copper mainsprings to exchange for rewards.
- Verdict of Blades – crush opponents and complete timed-trials to earn Primogems, Mora, and Character and Weapon Ascension Materials.
- Relic Records: Creations of the Hydro Nation – explore Fontaine and get to know its local plants and materials. Gather items to earn rewards.
Prepare to test your skills in three new domains that promise enticing rewards. Starting in 4.0, Travellers can complete the following domains to earn weapon ascension materials, character talent materials, and artifact sets.
- Domain of Forgery: Echoes of the Deep Tides – rewards Ancient Chord, Pure Sacred Dewdrop, and Goblet of the Pristine Sea weapon ascension materials.
- Domain of Mastery: Pale Forgotten Glory – rewards Equity, Justice, and Order character talent materials.
- Domain of Blessing: Denouement of Sin – rewards “Marechaussee Hunter” and “Golden Troupe” artifact sets.
Travellers now have new equipment options with the Fontaine-exclusive craftable weapons. These innovative weapons introduce an HP-based mechanic that will surely shape the Genshin Impact meta. Battle Pass holders also celebrate as Version 4.0 marks the arrival of new Battle Pass weapons, expanding the arsenal for low-spenders and offering fresh opportunities for enhancing their characters.
New craftable weapons
- Finale of the Deep (4-star Sword) – Base ATK: 565, ATK: 27.6%
When using an Elemental Skill, ATK will be increased by 12% for 15 seconds, and a Bond of Life worth 25% of Max HP will be granted. This effect can be triggered once every 10 seconds. When the Bond of Life is cleared, a maximum of 150 ATK will be gained based on 2.4% of the total amount of the Life Bond cleared, lasting for 15 seconds.
Bond of Life: Absorbs healing for the character based on its base value and clears after healing equal to this value is obtained.
- Tidal Shadow (4-star Claymore) – Base ATK: 510, ATK: 41.3%
After the wielder is healed, ATK will be increased by 24% for 8 seconds. This can be triggered even when the character is not on the field.
- Rightful Reward (4-star Polearm) – Base ATK: 564, HP: 27.5%
When the wielder is healed, restore 8 Energy. This effect can be triggered once every 10 seconds and can occur even when the character is not on the field.
- Song of Stillness (4-star Bow) – Base ATK: 510, ATK: 41.3%
After the wielder is healed, they will deal 16% more DMG for 8 seconds. This can be triggered even when the character is not on the field.
- Flowing Purity (4-star Catalyst) – Base ATK: 565, ATK: 27.6%
When using an Elemental Skill, All Elemental DMG Bonus will be increased by 8% for 15 seconds, and a Bond of Life worth 24% of Max HP will be granted. This effect can be triggered once every 10 seconds. When the Bond of Life is cleared, every 1,000 HP cleared in the process will provide a 2% All Elemental DMG Bonus, up to a maximum of 12%. This effect lasts 15 seconds.
New Battle Pass Weapons
- Wolf-fang (4-star Sword) – Base ATK: 510, Crit Rate: 27.6%
DMG dealt by Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst will be increased by 16%. When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, its CRIT Rate will be increased by 2%. When an Elemental Burst hits an opponent, its CRIT Rate will be increased by 2%. Both of these effects last 10 seconds separately, have four max stacks, and can be triggered once every 0.1 seconds.
- Talking Stick (4-star Claymore) – Base ATK: 565, Crit Rate: 18.4%
ATK will be increased by 16% for 15 seconds after being affected by Pyro. This effect can be triggered once every 12 seconds. All Elemental DMG Bonus will be increased by 12% for 15 seconds after being affected by Hydro, Cryo, Electro, or Dendro. This effect can be triggered once every 12 seconds.
- Ballad of the Fjords (4-star Polearm) – Base ATK: 510, Crit Rate: 27.6%
When there are at least three different Elemental Types in your party, Elemental Mastery will be increased by 120.
- Scion of Blazing Sun (4-star Bow) – Base ATK: 565, Crit Rate: 18.4%
After a Charged Attack hits an opponent, a Sunfire Arrow will descend upon the opponent hit, dealing 60% ATK as DMG, and applying the Heartsearer effect to the opponent damaged by said Arrow for 10 seconds. Opponents affected by Heartsearer take 28% more Charged Attack DMG from the wielder. A Sunfire Arrow can be triggered once every 10 seconds.
- Sacrificial Jade (4-star Catalyst) – Base ATK: 454, Crit Rate: 36.8%
When not on the field for more than 5 seconds, Max HP will be increased by 32% and Elemental Mastery will be increased by 40. These effects will be canceled after the wielder has been on the field for 10 seconds.
- Marechaussee Hunter (4-Star and 5-Star)
2-Piece Set: Normal and Charged Attack DMG +15%.
4-Piece Set: When current HP increases or decreases, CRIT Rate will be increased by 12% for 5s. Max 3 stacks.
- Golden Troupe (4-Star and 5-Star)
2-Piece Set: Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 20%.
4-Piece Set: Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 25%. Additionally, when not on the field, Elemental Skill DMG will be further increased by 25%. This effect will be cleared 2s after taking the field.
Genshin Impact Version 4.0 is not just about gameplay enhancements, it also sets the stage for the next arc in the Traveller’s journey. Beginning August 16, 2023, Travellers can engage with new quests that lay the foundation for the unfolding narrative.
- New Archon Quests: Archon Quest Chapter IV: Act I “Prelude of Blancheur and Noirceur” and Archon Quest Chapter IV: Act II “As Light Rain Falls Without Reason”
- Lyney’s Story Quest – Felis Fuscus Chapter: Act I “The Forgotten Thief”
Fontaine also brings two new bosses to quench your thirst for battle. Explore the Land of Hydro to encounter the following bosses:
- Icewind Suite (Court of Fontaine) – the duo of Dirge of Coppelia and Nemesis of Coppelius. Use Ousia or Pneuma according to their current charged state to overload and defeat their systems.
- Emperor of Fire and Iron (Belleau) is an armoured crab lord with two molten horns that can unleash Pyro attacks and give it defensive capabilities.
Genshin Impact 4.0 is a monumental update that ushers in a plethora of gameplay-changing features and content. From the breathtaking exploration of Fontaine to the introduction of charismatic characters, domains, and quests, this update keeps players on the edge of their seats. Dive into the watery depths of adventure in Genshin Impact’s latest update, and remember to top up your Genesis Crystals only at Codashop for a safe and rewarding gaming experience!